Lake Nona Real Estate
Lake Nona is a 7,000-acre (28 km2) mixed-use planned community within the city limits of Orlando, southeast of Orlando International Airport. The Lake Nona Region is home to Lake Nona Golf & Country Club, a life sciences cluster becoming known as Lake Nona’s medical city, and an array of retail centers, recreational facilities and residential options.
The community is named for a large lake in the northern part.
Lake Nona Medical City is an emerging biomedical research and educational hub which includes the University of Central Florida College of Medicine and Health Sciences Campus, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute, the Orlando VA Medical Center , Nemours Children’s Hospital and a University of Florida Research and Academic Center.
The following schools are in Lake Nona:
The city of Orlando has officially divided Lake Nona into four neighborhoods:
- Lake Nona Central, including VillageWalk at Lake Nona
- Lake Nona Estates, including the Lake Nona Golf & Country Club
- Lake Nona South, including the Medical City and Laureate Park residential development
- NorthLake Park at Lake Nona, which includes the separate developments of Morningside at Lake Nona and Waters Edge at Lake Nona
- Eagle’s Creek is at the southernmost part of Lake Nona. This community of beautiful homes is built around Eagle Creek Country Club.
A fifth neighborhood, Education Village (formerly Narcoossee Groves), lies outside the original borders of Lake Nona. A high school and Valencia Community College campus are located here.